BELIEFS AND WORSHIP PRACTICES:
- Open Communion. The Lord’s Supper, or Communion is celebrated in weekly worship. It is open to all who want to follow Jesus the Christ.
- Freedom of belief. Disciples are called together around one essential of faith: belief in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. All are free to follow their consciences guided by the Bible, the Holy Spirit, study and prayer, and are expected to extend that freedom to others.
- Baptism by immersion. In baptism the old self-centered life is set aside, and a new life of trust in God begins. Although Disciples practice baptism by immersion, other baptism traditions are honored and fully recognized.
- Belief in the oneness of the church. All Christians are called to be one in Christ and to seek opportunities for common witness and service.
- The ministry of all believers. Both ordained clergy and lay persons lead in worship, service and spiritual growth opportunities.
To learn more about the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) click here: http://disciples.org/our-identity/our-mission-vision-and-confession/